Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
He who is not impatient is not in love.Italian Proverb
- Simple past tense and past participle of grant.
- Given, awarded.
- He was granted a patent on his invention.
- You use granted to concede a point, often before you adding contrasting information.
- He's a good student and usually does well. Granted, he did fail that one test, but I think there were good reasons for that.
- "You haven't been a very good father." "Granted."
- You use granted that <math>x</math>, <math>y</math> to mean <math>y</math> is true because of <math>x</math>.
- Granted that he has done nothing wrong, he should be set free.
Elsewhere on the web