Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To become bigger.
- Children grow quickly.
- (intransitive) To appear or sprout.
- The plant began to grow.
- A long tail began to grow from his backside.
- (transitive) To cause something to become bigger, especially plants.
- He grows peppers and squash each summer in his garden.
- growth n
Growed is a slang or dialect inflection for the simple past and past participle.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- "grow" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web