Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Alternative spelling of gue.
gu (hiragana ぐ)
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, gū, gú, gǔ, or gù.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- IPA: ɡu
- Makes an adverb when placed in front of an adjective
- Tha mi gu math. I am (doing) well.
- to; amalgamates with pronouns to form thugam(sa), thugad(sa), thuige(san), thuice(se), thugainn(e), thugaibh(se), and thuca(san).
- Chuir mi litir gu mo phàrantan. I sent a letter to my parents.
Elsewhere on the web