Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In love, as in gluttony, pleasure is a matter of the utmost precision.Italo Calvino
- Rhymes: -ɪlti
Adjectiveguilty (comparative guiltier, superlative guiltiest)
- Responsible for a dishonest act.
- He was guilty of cheating at cards.
- (law) Judged to have committed a crime.
- The guilty man was led away.
- Having a sense of guilt
- Do you have a guilty conscience?
- I have a guilty secret.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (law) A plea by a defendant who does not contest a charge.
- (law) A verdict of a judge or jury on a defendant judged to have committed a crime.
Elsewhere on the web