Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another.Gottfried Wilhelm Von Leibniz
- Present participle of hang.
Adjectivehanging (not comparable)
- The hanging vines made the house look older than it was.
- (uncountable) The act of hanging a person (or oneself) by the neck in order to execute that person (or to commit suicide).
- Hanging is the punishment for one convicted of war crimes, there.
- (countable) A public event at which a person is hanged.
- The hanging of the bandits was attended by the whole village.
- (countable) Anything wide, high and rather thin that is hung as a decorative element (such as curtains, gobelins, wallpaper or posters).
- The various hangings on that Christmas tree look nice.
- (uncountable) The way in which hangings (decorations) are arranged.
- I dislike the cramped hanging in the gallery of 18th century painters.
means of execution
public event at which a person is hanged
way in which hangings (decorations) are arranged
Elsewhere on the web