Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Compare Indonesian kau.
- you (used in intransitive and stative sentences and transitive sentences with indefinite objects)
- Kao malangu hao? "Are you sick?"
- Kao chumocho hao esta? "Did you eat already?"
- Kao manaitai hao lepblo? "Did you read a book?"
hao (Pinyin hǎo, traditional and simplified 好)
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, hāo, háo, hǎo, or hào.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Elsewhere on the web