Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is really about a spiritual unfolding that is personal and enchanting—an unfolding that no science or philosophy or religion has yet fully clarified.James Redfield
- (countable) (mostly in botany and forestry) The wood from any dicotyledonous tree, without regard to its hardness.
- Balsa is a hardwood, but a soft hardwood.
- (countable) (in more general use) As the preceding but limited to those that are commercial timbers, and are at least average in hardness.
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The tree or tree species that yields the preceding.
- This hardwood has been planted extensively throughout the hills here.
- (uncountable) A joint term for the commercial timbers, without distinguishing which.
- You should have used hardwood for this window sill instead of this junk.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web