Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Dutch
- 4 Japanese
- 5 Mandarin
- 6 Scots
- 7 Welsh
hen f. (plural nen, diminutive netje)
- Hen, female chicken; female of a related species.
- A female of the species of birds brooding on the ground.
- (figuratively) 'bird', colloquial term for a human female
hen (hiragana へん)
- 編: compilation, knit, plait, braid, twist, editing, completed poem, part of a book
- 辺: side, edge
- 偏: a type of Chinese radical, right half; antonym: 旁 (つくり)
hen (な-na declension, kanji 変, hiragana へん)
hen (Pinyin hěn, simplified 很)
- very; quite; awfully
- zhe fen baozhi you hen duo guanggao. "This newspaper has a lot of advertisement."
- zheli de kongqi hen hao. "The air is very good here."
- zhege guniang hen piaoliang. "This girl is very beautiful."
- zhe jian canting de shiwu haochi, danshi hen gui. — The food of this restaurant is delicious, but it is very expensive.
- (zhè jiān cāntīng de shíwù hǎochī, dànshì hěn guì. — 这间餐厅的食物好吃，但是很贵.)
- zhe jian yiyuan li you hen duo bingren. "There are many patients in this hospital."
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, hēn, hén, hěn, or hèn.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- Term of address for a woman.
- Alright Mary hen?
- This word triggers a soft mutation in the word that follows it.
Elsewhere on the web