Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -aɪk
- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
- The tenants were not happy with the rent hike.
- (American football) The snap of the ball to start a play.
Third person singular
- To walk along a hiking trail, especially a nature/scenic long walk, usually without overnight camping gear.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- (American football) To snap the ball to start a play.
- (nautical) To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counter-balance the effects of the wind on the sails.
to lean to the windward side
Elsewhere on the web