Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Oh, love is real enough; you will find it someday, but it has one archenemy—and that is life.Jean Anouilh Ardele
See also Hippie
- Of or pertaining to hippies: e.g., “the hippie era”.
- (colloquial) Not conforming to generally accepted standards: e.g., “Despite being for the widely-used Windows operating system, rather than using the commonly-used RAR or ZIP file-compression formats, they used a bunch of hippie compression formats instead”.
- (in the 1950s) A teenager who imitated the Beatniks
- (in the 1960s; still widely used in reference to that era) One who chooses not to conform to prevailing social norms: especially one who ascribes to values or actions such as acceptance or self-practice of recreational drug use, liberal or radical sexual mores, advocacy of communal living, strong pacifism or anti-war sentiment, etc.
- Someone with long hair: specifically, of a hair length that is considered unconventionally long in relation to one’s gender, age, ethnicity, or land of origin.
- Someone who dresses in a hippie style.
- One who is hip.
Elsewhere on the web