Visit the forum if you have a language query!
hit someone for six
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.Curtis Judalet
- From cricket where hitting the ball out of the boundary scores a maximum of six runs.
- (idiomatic) Be affected in a devastating way by some unexpected news.
- When I heard about the accident, it hit me for six.
- To hit another person very hard.
- When he swore at me again, I couldn't hold back. So, I hit him for six.
Elsewhere on the web