Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do.Myrtle Auvil
Third person singular
- (idiomatic, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To delay someone or something temporarily; to keep at bay.
- Let's try to hold off the lawyers until we are ready for them.
- (idiomatic, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To delay commencing (an action until some specified time or event has passed).
- Hold off the decision one more day so I can answer your question.
- Hold off baking until I get there.
- (idiomatic, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To delay commencing an action (until some specified time or event has passed).
- Hold off on baking until I get there.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web