Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To live fully is to let go and die with each passing moment, and to be reborn in each new one.Jack Kornfield
- A homologous relationship
- (biology) A correspondence of structures in two life forms with a common evolutionary origin, such as flippers and hands.
- (chemistry) The relationship between the elements in the same group of the periodic table, or between organic compounds in a homologous series
- (mathematics) A theory associating a system of quotient groups to each topological space
- (mathematics) A system of quotient groups associated to a topological space
- (genetics) The presence of the same series of bases in related genes
- Like many another term that starts with a voiced h and has emphasis on its second syllable, some people precede homology with an, others with a.
Elsewhere on the web