Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the child of illusion and the parent of disillusion.Sandy Wilson
- (anatomy) Below; beneath; under.
- (medicine) Deficient; less than normal.
- (chemistry) A name for oxoacid and oxyanions with a low amount of oxygen.
- 2008: Chlorites(I) are the salts of hypochlorous acid. Common examples include sodium hypochlorite (chlorine bleach or bleaching agent) and calcium hypochlorite (bleaching powder). - w:hypochlorite
- 2008: Hypobromous acid is a weak, unstable acid with chemical formula HBrO. - w:Hypobromous acid
- hyposulfurous acid
- (chemistry) The use of this prefix is discouraged by IUPAC because the meaning is not consistent across different elements.
- (Anatomical sense):
- (Medical sense): hyper-
- (Chemical sense):
Terms derived from the hypo- prefix in the medical sense
Terms derived from the hypo- prefix in the chemical sense
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- IPA: /ˈhypo/
Elsewhere on the web