Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What will not woman, gentle woman dare; when strong affection stirs her spirit up?Robert Southey
Third person singular
- (transitive) To put under the surface of a liquid; to dunk.
- Archimedes determined the volume of objects by immersing them in water.
- (transitive) To involve deeply
- The sculptor immersed himself in anatomic studies.
To put under the surface of a liquid
To involve deeply
- Feminine form of immerso.
Elsewhere on the web