Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.Don Marquis
- A unit of length equal to one-twelfth of a foot and equivalent to exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- (meteorology) The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- (figuratively) A very short distance.
- "Don't move an inch!"
a unit of length equal to one-twelfth of a foot and equivalent to exactly 2.54 centimetres
an unspecified but very short distance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To move very slowly (in a particular direction).
- Fearful of falling, he inched along the window ledge.
to move very slowly
Elsewhere on the web