Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Harold, like the rest of us, had many impressions which saved him the trouble of distinct ideas.George Eliot
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act of indenting or state of being indented.
- A notch or recess, in the margin or border of anything; as, the indentations of a leaf, of the coast, etc.
- A recess or sharp depression in any surface.
- The act of beginning a line or series of lines at a little distance within the flush line of the column or page, as in the common way of beginning the first line of a paragraph.
- The measure of the distance; as, an indentation of one em, or of two ems.
Elsewhere on the web