Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Better to have loved a short man than never to have loved a tall.David Chambless
- The passing of title to an estate upon death.
- (countable) That which a person in entitled to inherit.
- (biology) The hereditary passing of biological attributes from the parents to its offspring.
- (computing) In object-oriented programming, the mechanism whereby parts of a superclass are available to instances of its subclass.
the passing of title to an estate upon death
the hereditary passing of biological attributes from the parents to its off-spring
in object-oriented programming, specific properties of child objects
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web