Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Only those live who do good.Count Leo Tolstoy
- Rhymes: -ɪnɪŋ
inning (plural: innings)
- (baseball) A period of play in which members of a visiting baseball team attempt to hit a baseball pitched by the opposing home team until three players are called out, followed by a similar attempt by members of the home baseball team against the visiting team's pitching. There are nine or more innings in a regulation baseball game.
- It is a baseball tradition to sing "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" during the seventh inning stretch.
- (Softball) A similar period of play.
- We batted around in our half of the inning.
- A chance or opportunity to perform some deed or act.
- We are in just the second inning of our quest to enter this new market.
Elsewhere on the web