Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.Henry Miller
- (RP) IPA: /ˌɪnstɪˈtjuːʃən/, SAMPA: /%InstI"tju:S@n/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˌɪnstɪˈtuːʃən/, SAMPA: /%InstI"tu:S@n/
- help, file
- An established organisation, especially one dedicated to education, public service, culture or the care of the destitute, poor etc.
- The building which houses such an organisation.
- A custom or practice of a society or community - marriage for example.
- (Informal) - A person long established with a certain place or position.
- The act of instituting.
institution f. (plural institutions)
Elsewhere on the web