Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
- A means of indemnity against occurrence of a uncertain event.
- The car was totalled, but fortunately I had insurance.
- The business of providing insurance.
- After five years in banking, I switched to insurance.
- Metaphoric: Any attempt to anticipate an unfavorable event.
- The sky was clear, but I took my umbrella for insurance.
- Blackjack: A bet made after the deal, which pays off if the dealer has blackjack.
- I only take insurance if the count is right.
Elsewhere on the web