Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.Rabindranath Tagore
- the quality of being intense
- the degree of strength
- (physics) time-averaged energy flux (the ratio of average power to the area through which the power "flows"); irradiance
- (optics) can mean any of radiant intensity, luminous intensity or irradiance
- (astronomy) syn. radiance
- (geology) The severity of an earthquake in terms of its effects on the earth's surface, and buildings. The value depends on the distance from the epicentre, and is not to be confused with the magnitude.
- Chinese: 強烈/强烈 (qiángliè), 强度/强度 (qiángdù); 烈度 (lièdù)
- Czech: intenzita cs(cs) f.
- Hebrew: עוצמה f.
- Italian: intensità it(it) f.
- Portuguese: intensidade
Elsewhere on the web