Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- (uncountable) A semiprecious stone either nephrite or jadeite, generally green or white in color, often used for carving figurines.
- (color) A grayish shade of green, typical of jade stones.
- A horse too old to be put to work.
- A woman, especially in contempt.
Beatrice: You always end with a jade’s trick: I know you of old.
— William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Adjectivejade (not comparable)
- (color) Of a grayish shade of green, typical of jade stones.
Third person singular
- (mineralogy) jade
Declension of jade
Elsewhere on the web