Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness.Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Rhymes: -ɔː
- One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- The bone itself with the teeth and covering.
- (figuratively) Anything resembling the jaw of an animal in form or action; especially plural, the mouth or way of entrance; as, the jaws of a pass; the jaws of darkness; the jaws of death.
- A notch or opening.
- A notched or forked part, adapted for holding an object in place; as, the jaw of a railway-car pedestal. See Axle guard.
- One of a pair of opposing parts which are movable towards or from each other, for grasping or crushing anything between them, as, the jaws of a vise, or the jaws of a stone-crushing machine.
- The inner end of a boom or gaff, hollowed in a half circle so as to move freely on a mast.
- Impudent or abusive talk.
- (slang) Axle guard.
bone of the jaw
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
Elsewhere on the web