Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Outer space is no place for a person of breeding.Violet Bonham Carter
See also Jewel
- (RP) IPA: /ˈʤuːəl/, /ˈdʒʊːəl/, SAMPA: /"dZu:@l/, /"dZU:@l/
- (Canada) IPA: /dʒuɬ/, /ˈdʒuwl̩/
- help, file
- A precious or semi-precious stone; gem, gemstone.
- A valuable object used for personal ornamentation, especially one made of precious metals and stones; a piece of jewellery.
- (figuratively) Anything considered precious or valuable.
- Galveston was the jewel of Texas prior to the hurricane.
valuable object for ornamentation
anything considered precious or valuable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web