Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is made by two people, in different kinds of solitude. It can be in a crowd, but in an oblivious crowd.Louis Aragon
to joke (third-person singular simple present jok, present participle es, simple past and past participle -)
See also Joke
- Rhymes: -əʊk
- an amusing story
- something said or done for amusement
- It was a joke!
- (figuratively) a worthless thing or person
- Your effort at cleaning your room is a joke.
- The president is a joke.
- See also Wikisaurus:joke
terms derived from joke (noun)
something said or done for amusement
worthless thing or person
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- (intransitive) to do or say something for humourous amusement rather than seriously
- I didn’t mean what I said — I was only joking.
do for humourous amusement
Elsewhere on the web