Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea, to be suggestive, must come to the individual with the force of revelation.William James
See also Joy
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The feeling of happiness, extreme cheerfulness.
- They will be a source of strength and joy in your life.
- (countable) An activity etc which causes this feeling.
- The joys and demands of new parents.
feeling of happiness
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To feel joy, to rejoice.
- 1885: I swore readily enough to this and he joyed with exceeding joy and embraced me round the neck while love for him possessed my whole heart. — Sir Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, Night 18
Elsewhere on the web