Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it.Thomas Hobbes
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkɜː(ɹ).nəl/, SAMPA: /"k3:(r).n@l/
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)nəl
- (US) IPA: /ˈkɝnəl/, SAMPA: /"k3`n@l/
- Homophones: colonel
- The core, center, or essence of an object or system.
- A single seed or grain, especially of corn or wheat.
- (computing) The central part of many computer operating systems which manages the system's resources and the communication between hardware and software components.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The stone of certain fruits, such as peaches or plums.
- (algebra) Those elements, in the domain of a function, which the function maps to zero.
central part of many computer operating systems
stone of certain fruits, such as peaches or plums
(algebra) set of elements mapped to zero
Elsewhere on the web