Visit the forum if you have a language query!
kivi m. [[Category:Template:lang:bs nouns|kivi]]
kivi (stem kiv-*)
- A stone
- Any piece of stone which is larger than a grain of sand.
- A rock as a relatively small mass of stone projecting out of ground.
- A general term for solid, mineral-based construction materials, such as brick, concrete or natural stone.
- (colloquial) An underwater rock which bay be dangerous for seafarers; same as kari.
- A short form of jalokivi, or a jewel.
- Tässä kellossa on 17 kiveä = This clockwork is made with 17 jewels.
Declension of kivi
A large mass of stone projecting out of ground is called kallio. Also, if the stone mass is known or assumed to be part of bedrock, it's called kallio, even if the visible part is small. Similarly, if a large stone mass is known not to be part of bedrock, it may be called kivi or lohkare.
Elsewhere on the web