Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The most important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.Sir William Bragg
- Rhymes: -iːd
Third person singular
- To work and press into a mass, usually with the hands; esp., to work, as by repeated pressure with the knuckles, into a well mixed mass, as the materials of bread, cake, etc.; as, to knead dough.
- Fig.: To treat or form as by kneading; to beat.
- Catalan: amassar
- Danish: ælte da(da)
- Dutch: kneden nl(nl)
- Finnish: vatkata fi(fi), vaivata fi(fi)
- French: pétrir fr(fr)
- German: kneten de(de)
- Greek: ζυμώνω el(el) (zymóno)
- Ido: petrisar
- Slovene: mesiti(for dough uniquely), gnesti
- Spanish: amasar es(es)
- Swedish: knåda
- Portuguese: amassar
- Turkish: yogurmak
Elsewhere on the web