Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A frame usually portable, of wood, metal, or rope, for ascent and descent, consisting of two side pieces to which are fastened cross strips or rounds forming steps.
- That which resembles a ladder in form or use; hence, that by means of which one attains to eminence, e.g. the corporate ladder.
- A length of unravelled fabric in a knitted garment, especially in nylon stockings
- aerial ladder
- companion ladder
- corporate ladder
- DNA ladder
- rope ladder
- scaling ladder
Third person singular
- (firefighting) To ascend a building or wall using a ladder.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To develop a ladder as a result of a broken thread
Elsewhere on the web