Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier that other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.Charles De Montesquieu
- lambast (UK)
Third person singular
- To scold, reprimand or criticize harshly.
- The sergeant lambasted the new recruits daily.
- Her first novel was well and truely lambasted by the critics.
- (dated) To give a thrashing to; to beat severely.
- (to give a thrashing to): beat, hit, thrash
- (to scold or verbally reprimand): berate, scold, tell off
Elsewhere on the web