Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People love others not for who they are, but for how they make them feel.Irwin Federman
- A sharp pointed, two edged surgical instrument used in venisection and for opening abscesses etc.
- A fleam.
- The Lancet: a British medical journal.
- (Architectural): lancet arch: A sharp pointed arch used in doors and windows etc. This type of archetecture was peculiar to England in the 13th Century.
- (Ichthyological): lancetfish
Webster's International Dictionary 1902.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Hebrew: אזמל
Elsewhere on the web