Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is like pi—natural, irrational, and very important.Lisa Hoffman
- Rhymes: -eɪə(r)
- A single thickness of some material covering a surface
- A (usually) horizontal deposit; a stratum.
- A person who lays things, such as tiles.
- A hen kept to lay eggs.
- An item of clothing worn under or over another.
- (stratum): stratum
single thickness of some material covering a surface
person who lays things, such as tiles
hen kept to lay eggs
item of clothing worn under or over another
Third person singular
- (ambitransitive) to cut or divide (something) into layers
- (ambitransitive) to arrange (something) in layers.
- Layer the ribbons on top of one another to make an attractive pattern.
to cut or divide into layers
Elsewhere on the web