Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour.Sir James Jeans
- IPA: /ˈlɛʤ.ənd/
- A story of unknown origin describing plausible but extraordinary past events. Also historical legend.
- The legend of Troy was discovered to have historical basis.
- A story in which a kernel of truth is embellished to an unlikely degree.
- The 1984 Rose Bowl prank has spawned many legends. Here's the real story.
- A leading protagonist in a historical legend.
- Achilles is a legend in Greek culture.
- Any person of extraordinary accomplishment.
- Michael Jordan stands as a legend in basketball.
- A key to the symbols and color codes on a map, chart, etc.
- According to the legend on the map, that building is a school.
- The text on a coin.
story of unknown origin describing plausible but extraordinary past events
Elsewhere on the web