Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.Don Marquis
- (uncountable) The act of tying something.
- (countable) A cord or similar thing used to tie something; especially the thread used in surgery to close a vessel or duct.
- (countable) A character, such as æ, œ, ß, or ĳ that combines multiple letters; a logotype.
- (countable) (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A group of notes played as a phrase, or the curved line that indicates such a phrase.
- (countable) A piece used to hold the reed to the mouthpiece on woodwind instruments.
A character that combines multiple letters
a piece used to hold the reed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
ligature m. (plural ligatures)
- ligature; A character that combines multiple letters; logotype.
Elsewhere on the web