Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- (transitive) To restrict; not to allow to go beyond a certain bound.
- We need to limit the power of the executive.
- I'm limiting myself to two drinks tonight.
- (mathematics, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To have a limit in a particular set.
- The sequence limits on the point a.
limit (plural: limits)
- A restriction; a bound beyond which one may not go.
- There are several existing limits to executive power.
- Two drinks is my limit tonight.
- (mathematics) A value to which a sequence converges.
- The sequence of reciprocals has zero as its limit.
- (mathematics) Any of several abstractions of this concept of limit.
- Category theory defines a very general concept of limit.
- (poker) Short for fixed limit.
- The final, utmost, or furthest point.
Adjectivelimit (not comparable)
- (poker) Being a fixed limit game.
limit m. sg.
Elsewhere on the web