Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The sooner you make your first five thousand mistakes the sooner you will be able to correct them.Kimon Nicolaides
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adjectiveliving (not comparable)
- A state of having life.
- In use or existing.
- A living language.
- Of everyday life
- living conditions
- True to life.
- The living image.
- Used as an intensifier.
- ...beat the living daylights out of him...
A state of having life
Used as an intensifier
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (uncountable) The state of being alive.
- Financial means; a means of maintaining life; livelihood
- What do you do for a living?
- A style of life.
- plain living
- In canon law, a position in a church (usually the Church of England) that has attached to it a source of income. The holder of the position receives its revenue for the performance of stipulated duties.
Elsewhere on the web