Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love - THE FEELING - is a fruit of love, the verb.Stephen R. Covey
- (RP) enPR: lŏj'ĭk, IPA: /ˈlɒdʒɪk/, SAMPA: /"lQdZIk/
- (US) enPR: lŏj'ĭk, IPA: /ˈlɑːdʒɪk/, SAMPA: /"lA:dZIk/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɒdʒɪk
- (uncountable) A method of human thought that involves thinking in a linear, step-by-step manner about how a problem can be solved. Logic is the basis of many principles including the scientific method.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The study of the principles and criteria of valid inference and demonstration.
- (uncountable) (mathematics) The mathematical study of relationships between rigorously defined concepts and of proof of statements.
- (countable) (mathematics) A formal or informal language together with a deductive system or a model-theoretic semantics.
- (uncountable) Any system of thought, whether rigorous and productive or not, especially one associated with a particular person.
- It's hard to work out his system of logic.
- (uncountable) The part of an electronic system that performs the boolean logic operations, short for logic gates or logic circuit.
- Fred is designing the logic for the new controller.
- (mathematics, study): formal logic, modern logic
- (mathematics, system): formal system
- (philosophy): predicate logic
method of human thought
formal or informal language
any system of thought, irrespective of its rigor or productiveness
part of an electronic system that performs the boolean logic operations
Elsewhere on the web