Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.Bill Baughan
Adjectivelonely (comparative loneli, superlative er)
- Of person, unhappy by feelings of loneliness.
- Of place, unfrequented by people; desolate.
- Of person, without companions; solitary.
- (dejected): lonesome
- (unfrequented by people): desolate, desert, empty, unpeopled, unpopulated
- (without companions): solitary, alone, unaccompanied
of person: dejected by feelings
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web