Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- (archaic) A quadrilateral shape with sides of equal length, having two acute and two obtuse angles; a diamond.
- 1658: Wherein the decussis is made within a longilaterall square, with opposite angles, acute and obtuse at the intersection; and so upon progression making a Rhombus or Lozenge figuration — Sir Thomas Browne, The Garden of Cyrus (Folio Society 2007, p. 167)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A rhombus.
- A small tablet (originally diamond-shaped) or medicated sweet used to ease a sore throat.
- (quadrilateral): diamond (informal), rhomb, rhombus
- (medicated sweet): pastille, throat pastille, troche
Elsewhere on the web