Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.Burton Hills
- Something that protrudes, sticks out, or sticks together; a cluster or blob; a mound, hill, or group.
- Stir the gravy until there are no more lumps.
- A group, set, or unit.
- The money arrived all at once as one big lump sum payment.
Something that protrudes, sticks out, or sticks together; a cluster or blob; a mound, hill, or group
A group, set, or unit
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- “lump” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "lump" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Third person singular
- To treat as a single unit; to group together.
- People tend to lump turtles and tortoises together, when in fact they are different creatures.
Elsewhere on the web