Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 Breton
- 3 Dutch
- 4 Estonian
- 5 Finnish
- 6 French
- 7 Hungarian
- 8 Italian
- 9 Japanese
- 10 Livonian
- 11 Lojban
- 12 Mandarin
- 13 Old Frisian
- 14 Pitjantjatjara
- 15 Polish
- 16 Scottish Gaelic
- 17 Sumerian
- 18 Tz'utujil
ma or Ma
- Often capitalized when used to refer to a specific person.
- Hey, Ma, I’d like you to meet my friend Jamie.
ma (plural mák)
Declension of ma
ma [[Category:Template:lang:it conjunctions|ma]]
ma (hiragana ま, katakana マ)
- Used as a sumti, the word indicates asking for that sumti; thus it is equivalent to any of the English question words who, where, how, etc.
ma (Pinyin ma, simplified 吗)
- (calling for agreement or disagreement)
- 么: interrogative particle; repetition of a tune small; tender
- 吗: final interrogative particle
- 嗎: final interrogative particle
- 嘛: final exclamatory particle
- 麼: interrogative final particle; insignificant, small, tiny
- 麽: interrogative final particle; insignificant, small, tiny
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, mā, má, mǎ, or mà.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- IPA: /ma/
ma [[Category:Template:lang:pl verb forms|ma]]
- Third-person singular present indicative form of mieć.
- Andrzej ma 18 lat. – Andrzej is 18 years old.
ma f. [[Category:Template:lang:pl pronouns|ma]]
- "Ma tha thu 'g iarrraidh sin" ("If you are wanting that")
Elsewhere on the web