Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings.C. O. Jackson
- A herbaceous plant, Rubia tinctorum, native to Asia, cultivated for a red-purple dye obtained from the root.
- The root of the plant, used as a medicine or a dye.
- A dye made from the plant.
- (color) A deep reddish purple colour, like that of the dye.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Chinese Characters: 茜
Adjectivemadder (not comparable)
- (color) Of a deep reddish purple colour, like that of the dye.
Elsewhere on the web