Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The hardest habit of all to break is the terrible habit of happiness.Theodosia Garrison
See also Magnet
From the Greek μαγνήτης λίθος (magnítis líthos), magnesian stone.
- A piece of material that attracts some metals by magnetism.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A person or thing that attracts what is denoted by the preceding noun.
- He always had a girl on his arm - he's a bit of a babe-magnet.
- 2007, J. Michael Fay, Ivory Wars: Last Stand in Zakouma, National Geographic (March 2007), 47,
- ...I wanted to show Nick the largest of the water holes, Rigueik, that act as magnets to life in the dry season.
Terms derived from "magnet"
piece of material that attracts some metals by magnetism
- magnet (piece of material that attracts metal by magnetism)
Elsewhere on the web