Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To fill the hour—that is happiness.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 1 English
- 2 Finnish
- 3 French
- 4 Indonesian
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adjectivemain (not comparable)
- (rare) mainland
- (dated, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The high seas.
- A large pipe or cable providing utility service to a building or area, such as water main or electric main.
- (nautical) shortened form of mainsail.
- (rare, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Strength.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Instructive plural form of maa.
main f. (plural mains)
- To play
Elsewhere on the web