Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
- More than half (50%) of some group
- The majority agreed that the new proposal was the best.
- The difference between the winning vote and the rest of the votes
- The winner with 53% had a 6% majority over the loser with 47%.
- (dated) Legal adulthood
- By the time I reached my majority, I had already been around the world twice.
- (UK) The office held by a member of the armed forces in the rank of major
- On receiving the news of his promotion, Charles Snodgrass said he was delighted to be entering his majority.
more than half
difference between the winning vote and the rest of the votes
- minority (1)
Elsewhere on the web