Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- a piece of clothing somewhat like an open robe or cloak, especially that worn by Orthodox bishops
- (figuratively) anything that covers or conceals something else
- the zone of hot gases around a flame; the gauzy incandescent covering of a gas lamp
- (anatomy) the cerebral cortex
- (geology) the layer between the Earth's core and crust
- (zoology) the body wall of a mollusc/mollusk
- Alternative spelling of mantel., fireplace shelf.
- The top of a woman's torso, from her shoulders to her breasts
(mantel): See mantel
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cover or conceal (something).
- (intransitive) To become covered or concealed.
- Gas mantle on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Gas mantle
- Mantle (geology) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Mantle (geology)
- mantle (mollusc) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:mantle (mollusc)
Elsewhere on the web