Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
You never enjoy the world aright, till the sea itself floweth in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens and crowned with the stars.Thomas Traherne
- (as a pro-sentence) perhaps that is true (expressing no commitment to a decision or a neutral viewpoint to a statement)
- Do not confuse maybe with may be: "Maybe that's true", but "That may be true"
- (perhaps): mayhaps, peradventure, perhaps, possibly
- (as a pro-sentence): could be, mayhaps, might be, perhaps, possibly, that’s possible
as a pro-sentence
- (informal) Something that is possibly true.
Elsewhere on the web