Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The quantity, size, weight, distance or capacity of a substance compared to a designated standard.
- An (unspecified) quantity or capacity :
- The precise designated distance between two objects or points.
- The act of measuring.
- A musical designation consisting of all notes and or rests delineated by two vertical bars; an equal and regular division of the whole of a composition.
- A rule, ruler or measuring stick.
- A tactic, strategy or piece of legislation.
- He took drastic measures to halt inflation.
- (mathematics) A function that assigns a non-negative number to a given set following the mathematical nature that is common among length, volume, probability and the like.
- An indicator; Something used to assess some property.
- The average price of basic household goods is a measure for inflation.
- Honesty is the true measure of a man.
- (musical designation): bar
Third person singular
- To ascertain the quantity of a unit of material via calculated comparison with respect to a standard.
- To estimate the unit size of something.
- To obtain or set apart; to mark in even increments.
Elsewhere on the web